Friday, March 16, 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful, One, Two, Three...

I've never been one for Gratitude Journals, for me they seem a bit contrived, a bit like hard work.  I can imagine myself chewing the end of my pencils trying really hard to think of things everyday to be grateful for.  Not exactly the point of the exercise.

But being grateful and happy has taken on a little bit of urgency these days.  The news is bleak, everywhere you look people are worried and anxious, and if you do work outside the home, there is always a niggling thought of, what if I'm let go?  So, in the interest of self-care and providing a fairly sane and pleasant persona to those around me, I am making an effort every day to be very, very grateful for things (and people) no matter how mundane or ordinary they may be.  And I do feel so much better for doing this. 

So, in a collection of photos taken over the past couple of weeks, here are some things that I am grateful for and that make me warm-and-fuzzy happy:


My new walking stick, about 5 feet tall and made from a fallen piece of Ash.
I feel like the Wizard Gandalf striding about the fields!



Our two lovely boys - they make me happy and smiley every day


Making homemade pizza


Simple, fresh, nothing artificial


Bellini cocktails to go with above pizza. Notice the empty bottle?


Signs of Spring everywhere


Hazel Catkins


Early Spring sunsets outside our back door


Just a few, simple things that have made me smile over the past few days.

What makes you happy? What are you thankful for?


Happy St. Patrick's Day to you from me!  ~Siobhan xox

4 comments:

Little Gothic Horrors said...

I know how you feel. I help my husband run his home-based graphic design business and in these harsh economic times it's starting to circle the drain. Every time the scary thoughts start creeping into my brain, I just push them out. My cat, Phoebe, is lying on my lap, purring and snoozing as I type, with not a worry in the world... I'm smiling just thinking about that!

Your photos are stunning and your dogs are so lovely!!

Little Gothic Horrors said...

PS: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The Wild Fairy said...

Yes Phoebe definitely has the right idea Emma! We have to stay positive and weather the storm. Your household sounds so creative and artistic - very cool! :)

Rowan said...

I know what you mean about gratitude journals:) There are many things that make me feel happy and grateful and I'm aware of them daily but I don't feel the need to write them down. I've just found your blog via Five Precious Things.