Friday, July 18, 2014

July so far...

It's difficult to believe that there's only a couple of more weeks left in July.  The heat here in Ireland is incredible and we had the most epic thunderstorm last night at 4 am.  Dogs, cats, husband and myself were all up and looking out at the mid-summer forked lightening - shivers!

Anyway, a few pictures from July so far.


Buttercups and blue sky - the epitome of July!


Road trip! Well, a little drive to another county!  :)


We saw a Victorian post box.  These are getting so rare here in Ireland.


We had to stop for Sticky Toffee Pudding on the way home. It was super-yummy.


Our lane, early in the morning.  I love it.


Look at those little faces! Its baby swallow time here.  Since I took this they've left the nest, but come back at night time.  So adorable.


Birthday DVDs.  Enchanted April is one of my favourite films.  I hadn't seen The Conjuring.  It scared the living daylights out of me!


Oatmeal caramel squares.  I'm making these every week.  I think I have a problem.


This had me tearing up in our local bookshop.  Layka. Total Hero Dog.
Read the behind-the-photo story here.


I love the name of this coffee! It was made for me!!

Wishing you magical summer days and nights, wherever you are.

~Siobhan xox

5 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Mmmm I love sticky toffee pudding!

Buttercups are so pretty!

It's so crazy how European people can drive into different countries! In Australia we'd just drive into the ocean if we tried! It's so expensive for us to even leave the country!

The Victorian postbox is fantastic, I love Victorian things!

I adore the shot of the sun dappled lane and those adorable baby birds.

That is a great coffee name! Mules and donkeys get such a bad rap, we used to have donkeys, they are the most sweet and quiet creatures!

Little Gothic Horrors said...

You always post the most gorgeous photos, Siobhan! I'm in love with your country lane! ❤

I haven't seen 'The Conjuring' yet, but I think it will be one of those movies that will scare the living daylights out of me too! ;) I haven't seen 'Enchanted April' in years, but I remember loving it at the time.

Those oatmeal caramel squares look amazing!!! My stomach problems have flared up again so I'm on a very restricted diet at the moment... which only makes them more enticing. ;D I'll have to do some wishful googling and see if I can find a recipe.

My parents are over in London at the moment on holiday. They have been complaining about the heat. I think it has taken them by surprise.

Little Gothic Horrors said...

Okay, I can't find any oatmeal caramel squares that looks as good as yours! I'll have to beg you for the recipe when you've got a moment! Haha.

The Wild Fairy said...

Dear Emma, thank you so much for your sweet comments - it made my day! I'm so sorry to hear you are unwell again, email on its way to you. xox

The Wild Fairy said...

Laura - thank you so much for dropping by and for all the lovely things you said! :) On my way over to visit your lovely blog now! ~Siobhan